Whether you are planning for a party or simply wondering what to order during your next night out on the town, you should review a list of popular cocktails. Cocktails typically contain one or more types of liquor along with several mixers, such as fruit juice, honey, bitters, soda or cream.
Top Cocktails by Liquor
Note: All liquors and their corresponding cocktails are listed in alphabetical order and not ranked by popularity.
List of Gin Cocktails
Gin has an earthy, almost medicinal flavor since it is made from juniper berries. It is an acquired taste for some, but many traditional cocktails are made with this spirit.
- Dirty Martini - Includes dry vermouth and olive brine, shaken with ice and served with an olive
- Gibson - A nice alternative to the traditional martini, with dry vermouth and cocktail onions, served martini style
- Gimlet - Add lime juice, serve on ice in a lowball glass
- Gin Fizz - With lemon juice, sugar and carbonated water served on ice in a highball glass
- Gin Madras - With cranberry juice and orange juice served on ice in a lowball glass
- Gin Sour - Includes sweet and sour mix served on ice in a lowball glass
- Gin and Tonic - A classic drink that is easy to make, served on ice in a lowball glass
- Greyhound - With orange juice served on ice in a lowball glass
- Lime Rickey - With lime juice and carbonated water served on ice in a highball glass with a twist of lime