Peruvian Pisco Sour
- 2 ounces Pisco
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon Angostura bitters
- Add the first four ingredients to a shaker with ice.
- Strain the drink into an old fashioned glass.
- Top with bitters.
Chilean Pisco Sour
- 3 ounces Pisco
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice.
- Shake until the sugar is dissolved.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
Traditional Recipes Use Limons
Note that both of these recipes originally called for limon, which is neither a lemon nor a lime, but actually a key lime, which has attributes of both fruits. If the bar has them available, by all means ask for one; if they have egg whites on hand, they might just have key limes available as well.